Saturday, May 15, 2010

My hat is to the back and my pants keep sagging...

I remember one of the first nights I ever spent in Santa Cruz. My friend, that I moved here with, and I had come out for a week to find a place to live and we stayed in a hostel on Beach Hill. Before we even got our stuff to our beds, we struck up a conversation with an older gent that was staying there as well. He told us some useful things about the area and how to get around. Just as we were heading in our room, he called out to us, "Oh, and there's a hot tub around the corner. You can wear your swim suit if you want."

I was confused. Well duh, it's not like I'd wear regular clothes in a hot tub. "What else would we wear?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing? Like, naked?"

"Indeed."

When we got in the room, I expressed my disbelief to my friend. "Dude, I am so glad that mother fucker told us that shit cause if I did find out about the hot tub and went out there, and there was was a bunch of naked people hanging out in it, I don't think I could've covered up my shock. How are people just gonna be walking around naked? I like clothes way too much for that shit."

This is the moment I thought about years later when I was standing in the middle of the road with my drawstring pajama pants around my ankles with a clothes basket in one hand and my cat in the other. I had stayed at my boyfriend's house the night before and did my laundry there. Kitkat had tagged along as usual because I hated being away from her so I just dragged her everywhere I went. I had come home to get ready for work around 6:30 in the morning and as I walked across the street, completely loaded down, my pants fell to the ground. I looked around and even though it was already day light, there was nobody out of their house yet. At first, I tried to shuffle along with my pants around my ankles but I quickly started to trip. It was a very awkward situation and I couldn't quit laughing because I was imagining what I must look like standing there in the middle of the street with my pants around my ankles laughing incessantly.

Sheeeze! Someone missed a Kodak moment for sure but I figured if people could walk around, getting in hot tubs naked,what was the big deal if someone got a shot of my underwear. Since nobody was there to catch it on camera, this is just an idea of what I looked like. LOL


No comments: